Vilna Lodge is located at the north end of the historic Main Street of the Village of Vilna Alberta, 150 km northeast of Edmonton. Built in 1977, the Lodge has a comfortable farmhouse feel and ‘Baba’s kitchen’ is the heart of the home.
The decor, food, and social life of Vilna Lodge celebrate the mix of Cree and Ukrainian cultures of the area, and Lodge employees include those who speak Cree, Ukrainian, German and French in addition to English.
Jenny’s Cottage provides specialized 24-hour care for residents living with dementia.
- Vilna Lodge contains 40 suites, all for Supportive Living (Lodge): 28 suites are a mix of double-occupancy and single studio suites with private bathrooms. 12 DSL3/3D suites provide 24-hour care staff for residents living with dementia.
- Basic furniture (bed, dresser, end table and chair)
- Resident laundry facilities
Basic Services provided:
- All meals and snacks
- Non-personal laundry (linens)
- Light housekeeping
- Emergency response system
- Recreation and social opportunities
Services available for an additional fee
- Personal laundry
- Vehicle plugin (winter)
- Internet, telephone and/or cable TV
- Some recreation activities or outings
Pets: No pets live at the Lodge, but residents enjoy regular canine visitors
Smoking: No smoking is allowed inside the Lodge, but residents may smoke at any time in a designated outbuilding that is equipped with chairs and a heater.
- Standard suites: $1244 per month (based on income); additional person $500 per month
- Jenny’s Cottage suites: $1397 per month (based on income), arranged through Alberta Health Services
- All suites: $400 damage deposit
Cost includes basic services
- Memory Care (DSL3-D) placement applications are arranged through Alberta Health Services and must meet AHS criteria. Call Health Link (dial 811 within Alberta) for support, direction and referrals.
- Independent Supportive Living accommodations at Vilna Lodge are based on priority of need, and rates are based on the Alberta Provincial Affordable Housing Strategy.
- To apply for Independent Supportive Living accommodations at Vilna Lodge, you will need to provide all of the information on the following forms. You may download the forms here, pick them up at Vilna Lodge, or phone to request they be mailed to you:
- Application Form (download and print Application form.)
- Current Income Tax Notice of Assessment will be required to determine the rental rate
- Medical Form – to be completed by your physician
- Arrange an appointment with the Vilna Lodge General Manager to review your completed Application Form (including Income Tax Notice of Assessment) and Medical Form.
Contact Vilna Lodge:
Address: 5404 50th St. Vilna, T0A 3L0