Independent Living – Waskatenau
Pine Creek Manor and Waskatenau Manor are located in the farming community of Waskatenau Alberta, 93 kilometers northeast of Edmonton. The residences get their names from two nearby creeks that flow into the North Saskatchewan River. Waskatenau (pronounced Wa-SET-nah) is a Cree word meaning ‘opening in the (river) bank’.
Both of these independent living seniors’ residences contain eight self-contained one-bedroom suites for a total of 16 suites. Each suite has its own private entrance, appliances and storage.
Separated by several blocks, both residences are within easy walking distance of everything this active village has to offer, including ballpark, curling club, community centre, churches, schools, parks and shopping on main street.
Accommodations for Pine Creek Manor and Waskatenau Manor:
- Built in 1979
- 8 one-bedroom 513-ft2 self-contained suites
- Private front entrances with tenant-only keys
- Fridge, stove and window coverings provided
- In-suite storage room
- Shared laundry room included
- Heat, water and sewer
- Summer grounds maintenance
- Winter snow removal
- Shared parking lot
Services available for an additional fee:
- Shared parking lot
- Vehicle plug-in (winter) available
- Tenant is responsible for paying for electricity, as well as optional telephone, cable and internet services
Pets: Pets may be considered, with a pet fee
Smoking: Smoking is restricted to outside only.
- Seniors: $600 per month (based on income)
- Non-seniors: $700 per month (based on income)
- All tenants: Damage deposit equal to first month’s rent
Smoky Lake Foundation provides accommodation in Pine Creek Manor and Waskatenau Manor based on the priority of need determined by the Alberta Seniors’ Self-contained Housing Program for low and moderate-income seniors who are functionally independent.
To apply for accommodations at Pine Creek Manor and Waskatenau Manor, you will need to provide all of the information on the following forms. You may download the forms here, pick them up at the Smoky Lake Foundation office at Bar-V-Nook Manor in Smoky Lake, or phone to request they be mailed or faxed to you:
- Application Form
- Current Income Tax Notice of Assessment will be required to determine the rental rate
- Medical Form – to be completed by your physician
Arrange an appointment with the Smoky Lake Foundation to review your completed Application Form (including Income Tax Notice of Assessment) and Medical Form.
Pine Creek Manor: 5024 – 49 St., Waskatenau, Alberta
Waskatenau Manor: 5137 – 51 St., Waskatenau, Alberta
Address: Bar-V-Nook Manor, 4524 52 Ave. Smoky Lake, Alberta