Independent Living – Vilna
Harmony Manor and Spruce View Manor are located in the historic community of Vilna Alberta, 152 kilometers northeast of Edmonton. Both of these independent living seniors’ residences contain four self-contained one-bedroom suites for a total of 8 suites. Each suite has its own private entrance, appliances, and storage.
Separated by several blocks, both residences are within easy walking distance of everything this active village has to offer, including a community centre, churches, schools, parks, and the beautifully restored historic main street. Mushroom Park is nearby, with its iconic sculpture of a giant trio of the edible and native tricholoma uspale mushroom.
- Built in 1979
- 4 one-bedroom 700-ft2 self-contained suites in each residence, for a total of 8 suites
- Private front entrances with tenant-only keys
- Fridge, stove and window coverings provided
- In-suite storage room with additional outside storage available
- In-suite laundry equipment
- Heat, water, and sewer
- Summer grounds maintenance
- Winter snow removal
- Shared parking lot
Services available for an additional fee:
- Arrangements can be made to take meals at Vilna Lodge
- Vehicle plug-in (winter)
- Tenant is responsible for paying for electricity, as well as optional telephone, cable and internet services
Pets: Pets may be considered, with a pet fee
Smoking: Smoking is restricted to outside only
- Seniors: $625 per month (based on income) Maximum
- Non-seniors: $729 Maximum
- All tenants: damage deposit is equal to first month’s rent
Smoky Lake Foundation provides accommodation in Harmony Manor and Spruce View Manor based on the priority of need determined by the Alberta Seniors’ Self-contained Housing Program for low and moderate-income seniors who are functionally independent.
To apply for accommodations at Harmony Manor and Spruce View Manor, you will need to provide all of the information on the following forms. You may download the forms here, pick them up at Vilna Lodge, or phone to request they be mailed or faxed to you:
- Application Form
- Current Income Tax Notice of Assessment will be required to determine the rental rate
- Medical Form – to be completed by your physician
Arrange an appointment with the manager of Vilna Lodge to review your completed Application Form (including Income Tax Notice of Assessment) and Medical Form.
Harmony Manor: 4907 51 Ave, Alberta
Spruce View Manor: 5410 50 St., Vilna, Alberta
Address: 5404 50th St. Vilna, Alberta